Air source heat pumps (ASHPs) absorb heat from the outside air. This heat can then be used to heat radiators, underfloor heating systems, or warm air convectors and hot water in your home.
The Amazing Benefits of an Air Source Heat Pump
- Lower fuel bills, especially if you are replacing conventional electric heating
- Potential income through the UK government’s Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
- Lower home carbon emissions, depending on which fuel you are replacing
- No fuel deliveries needed
- Can heat your home as well as your water
- Minimal maintenance required
- Can be efficiently combined with a Solar Heat Pump
The Renewable Heat Incentive may pay you £550 a year (depending on the size of the system) over a seven year period!
Air-Source Heat pumps are not suited to every home and good insulation is a requirement.
They also require annual servicing to maintain the warranty (typically 7 years) and due to the lower water temperature, larger radiators may be required. It pays to consult with us to access if this system is appropriate for you.